People don’t need to be broken to engage in coaching. Most arrive at Department707’s red door as impressive, confident, successful achievers who love what they do and have a life already filled with energy, fulfilment and happiness. They also recognise though that the ambition that has driven them to succeed shouldn’t be taken for granted and even has a potential flip side.
My clients want to do and be more, and they always will, embracing life to the full. Sound like you?
As a coach, my advanced communication skills and techniques generate dynamic, focused, goal-oriented conversations that teach you how to cope with the change that is both desired and required in today’s society.
The relationship is unique and special because there is no other in your life that is one-sided in this way. It’s all about you. Your blank page. Your agenda.
In the same way that a sports coach helps athletes achieve their best, collaborative coaching conversations aim to:
- Motivate mental muscle. Like any other muscle, if you don’t use it you lose it! You already have all the resources you need; you just need keep them honed.
- Keep the momentum up. Use tools, tricks and techniques which lead to new ideas, positive change and better ways of doing and being.
- Bring clarity and commitment. If you’re not clear where the winning post is, how can you know how to get there?
- Set goals and reach targets. How well is your game plan working out? Are you goals measurable, achievable and realistic? And do they contribute to your bigger picture?
- Challenge yourself. Hard work comes with the territory, but the rewards of peak performance more than justify the effort. The only thing holding you back is you.
- Break bad habits. If you always do the same thing, you’ll always get the same result. What deep-seated beliefs and confused values are holding you back?
- Practice makes perfect. Give yourself the gift of some time every week/fortnight/month dedicated to you. It's a remarkably effective way of finding and getting what you want out of life.
Are you ready to raise your game?
Whether you itch for something else, don’t seem to make enough time for you or can’t find the energy you need to create change, coaching shows you how.
If you find yourself constantly making excuses, fear change or are baffled by minor frustrations or major issues, coaching is the secret to getting clear about a better way of thinking, doing and being.
If you need more incentive and will find the time to read it, my essay Coaching Demystified gives you a thorough low down on what’s going on in, and what to expect from, a coaching relationship.