Call it what you will, at a mentoring level, the intention is to bring director-level marketing advice and support that clarifies not what to do but why and how you should be doing it too. That’s where experience comes in; you can read a textbook to find out what marketing is.
The value lies in learning from an authentic expert.
Here are some of the headlines that a mentoring relationship with Deparmtent707 is intended to tackle:
- Setting SMART goals and commercial objectives
- Getting clear on strengths, benefits and value
- Understanding your market and your place within it
- Finding your ideal customer
- Assessing opportunities and trends
- Designing a service and drawing up a plan to deliver it
- Deciding how best to grow
- Defining the brand
- Running a tight ship – monitoring, measuring, learning
- Idea generation
- Working with agencies and marketing service providers